Guided Fly Fishing
'The Eden Angler' provides full-time professional guided fly fishing trips on the rivers Eden, Eamont and Lowther in North Cumbria. Access can be arranged to many stretches of these rivers, including private waters that limit the number of anglers, therefore often giving you, or you party, exclusive access.
For the stillwater enthusiast; guiding is also available on and in the beautiful English Lakes District where you can fish from boat or bank for Wild Brown Trout. Rainbow trout fishing can also be arranged on many of our smaller stocked fisheries in the area.
This is an all year round service with excellent Grayling fishing available on the River Eden throughout the winter months
I have intimate knowledge of the waters in my area and make sure you fish the best areas with the correct flies.
This service is perfect for newcomers to fishing who want to learn more about their local waters and visitors to the area from other parts of the United Kingdom or abroad.
Guide service includes
- Access to great locations, necessary permits and guidance to best fish holding areas
- Advice on fly selection and/or provision of flies for given situations
- Tips and advice (if required) to help improve your skills
- Advice on best techniques for the conditions or areas we fish
- Fly fishing equipment, including rod/reel/line, waders, flies, etc. (if required)
- Hotel or railway station collection/return. PLEASE NOTE: There may be an additional charge for this service depending on pick up/drop-off points.
- Advice prior to your visit including accommodation, tackle, flies and local attract
All you need is suitable outdoor clothing, a hat and sunglasses (to protect your eyes) and some lunch.
Important note :
Don't forget your fishing licence - Any angler aged 12 years or over will need an Environment Agency rod licence. Daily, weekly or seasonal licences are available at post offices or online at : https://www.gov.uk/fishing-licences - If you are visiting from abroad, I can organise your licence for you if required.